ONE PERSON HAS THE POWER TO MAKE CHANGE. GET INVOLVED.
Tonight at 8:30pm, Saturday 31 March, a record 5411 cities & towns across a record 147 countries & territories will switch off their lights for Earth Hour. A truly global community united behind creating a sustainable future.
Call it what you will: phantom load, idle current, vampire power, wall wart; they’re all euphemisms for the way devices use and waste electricity when they aren’t even on.
Stop this extra bleeding!
info source: treehugger
- Sugar can suppress your immune system.
- Sugar upsets the mineral relationships in the body.
- Sugar can cause juvenile delinquency in children.
- Sugar eaten during pregnancy and lactation can influence muscle force production in offspring, which can affect an individual’s ability to exercise.
- Sugar in soda, when consumed by children, results in the children drinking less milk.
- Sugar can elevate glucose and insulin responses and return them to fasting levels slower in oral contraceptive users.
- Sugar can increase reactive oxygen species (ROS), which can damage cells and tissues.
- Sugar can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, inability to concentrate and crankiness in children.
- Sugar can produce a significant rise in triglycerides.
click here for the complete list.
Not only do plants provide a nice aesthetic quality in the home, but they can have actual benefits on health. Many plants filter toxins like formaldehyde, xylene and toluene, which can seep into the home from building materials and paint. Beyond cleaning the air, plants can reduce stress and symptoms of depression.
Read more: Care2.com